Skip to main content

Registered disabled people

You can be registered as disabled person.

What do you have to do?

You have to file an application form.
You have to hand over or to send the form
to the “Sozialministerium-Service” (service point of the Austrian Ministry of Social Affairs).
A doctor of the Sozialministerium-Service determines their degree of disability.
You receive the decision.
This decision states wether you can be registered as disabled person or not.
You have the right to be heard.
This is the word for your right to make a comment to the decision.

Who can be registered as disabled person?

  • Austrian citizens
  • EU citizens
  • EEA citizens
  • Recognized refugees

You must have a degree of disability of at least 50 %.


  • Students
  • Retirees

What advantages do you have as registered disabled person?

  • You have an increased protection against redundancy/dismissal.
  • You can get financial support for your work or your education.
  • You have more holidays, if this is written down in your working contract.
  • If you have a degree of disability of at least 25%, you can get tax allowance.
  • This is a certain amount of money you have to pay less for you taxes.
  • You get fare reductions.

You can find more information under the following links:

back to Interesting Facts
Back to top