Registered disabled people
You can be registered as disabled person.
What do you have to do?
You have to file an application form.
You have to hand over or to send the form
to the “Sozialministerium-Service” (service point of the Austrian Ministry of Social Affairs).
A doctor of the Sozialministerium-Service determines their degree of disability.
You receive the decision.
This decision states wether you can be registered as disabled person or not.
You have the right to be heard.
This is the word for your right to make a comment to the decision.
Who can be registered as disabled person?
- Austrian citizens
- EU citizens
- EEA citizens
- Recognized refugees
You must have a degree of disability of at least 50 %.
What advantages do you have as registered disabled person?
- You have an increased protection against redundancy/dismissal.
- You can get financial support for your work or your education.
- You have more holidays, if this is written down in your working contract.
- If you have a degree of disability of at least 25%, you can get tax allowance.
- This is a certain amount of money you have to pay less for you taxes.
- You get fare reductions.
You can find more information under the following links:
- Arbeiterkammer (Austrian Chamber of Labour)
- Bundeskanzleramt (Austrian Federal Chancellery)
- Bundesministerium für Arbeit, Soziales und Konsumentenschutz (Austrian Federal Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Consumer Protection)
- Sozialministeriumservice (service point of the Austrian Ministry of Social Affairs)
- Behinderteneinstellungsgesetz (BEinstG) (Disabled Employment Act)
- Bundesbehindertengesetz (Austrian Federal Law for Disabled People)
- Bundesgesetz über die Gleichstellung von Menschen mit Behinderungen (Bundes-Behindertengleichstellungsgesetz, BGStG) (Austrian Federal Act on the Equalization of Persons with Disabilities)
- Bundes-Verfassungsgesetz (Austrian Federal Constitution Act)
- Einschätzungsverordnung (Austrian Regulation for the Grading and Assessment of Disabilities)
- Übereinkommen über die Rechte von Menschen mit Behinderungen (UN-Konvention) (UN Convention on Disability Rights)